Getting around in the blog world has proven to be a bit difficult this summer.
I was considered under-employed by the Unemployment office which meant I still had to ‘look for work’ while collecting their check. They want you to go into business and ask for applications despite the fact that everything – and I do mean everything including filing for unemployment – is done online these days.
One job application required a survey to be completed as a psychological test. Because of my answers on that survey, I was given a note at the end saying they did not want me. I am not even sure what I said that did me in. To be honest, it made me not care anymore about finding a job because I felt certain I was no longer a wanted commodity.
But this past week, I worked too much even in my part-time part-time job and Unemployment cut me loose. While I had planned on that money, I also knew it was time to start looking in a different direction to get something that would suit my schedule and work with the library job which I really enjoy.
While I plan to rant and rave about how being unemployed really sucks at some other point in time, what I really need to do is share something that was shared with me. And it is something sweet from one of my favorite bloggers, The Daily Compost. I go to Jennifer’s blog and never know what to expect and that is OK. I like being surprised. It could be photography or poetry or whatever she is thinking about.
Jennifer has informed me there are several things I must do for this latest award.
First off is to answer some questions about sweet things.
- Cookies or cake? Or both? It depends on the cake and the cookies but chances are I am going for the quick snack that does not require a plate and fork. I recently tried Gluten-Free peanut butter cookies that were the BOMB!
- Chocolate or vanilla? I am a woman with a chocolate addiction. There is no other answer.
- Favorite sweet treat? While I love chocolate, my favorite pie is actually Key Lime Pie. Go figure.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? After any nasty day that starts with my husband asking me to do something three times within a ten minute span. At that point I turn around and tell him to do it if it makes him that anxious which leads to a fight which leads me to storm out of the house for a good cup of coffee and an apple fritter.
- Sweet nickname? I do not have one of these, not sure why or if I care why. People call me by my name and I do what I can for them.
The next part here is to list a baker’s dozen list of blog that I feel deserving of this award. I am not justifying why I like any of them, it is simply going to be a list. I only ask that you visit the people and have fun at their blogs.
- Fashion for Lunch
- Prada for Breakfast
- Rufus’ Food and Spirit Guide
- Caffeinated Politics
- Broadside Blog
- Loves and Stitches
- Lego-A-Day: Less often now
- The Crochet Crowd Blog: Knot Just Yarn
- Alec Nevela-Lee
- Another Stir of the Spoon
- Red Pen Mama
- 101 Books
By the way, when you get to these other blogs, tell them I sent you.
Who are you reading in the blogosphere?