So people ask me – do you do awards?
Of course, I do. I am happy to receive awards because then I get the chance to give out awards. In this latest round of award giving I was happy and surprised I had been given The Versatile Blog award by The Roycroft Report and Reinventing the We’ll.
Because I am a bit radical, a bit on the left side of the political spectrum and a bit blasphemous, it makes me perk up my ears to know that John and Jay read my blog and like it. Apparently, they enjoy my cooking posts and movie posts and political mutterings. John tends to be more conservative and sometimes a bit libertarian in his politics, Jay is a minister who asks compelling questions in his posts. I like reading both although I do not get around as much as I should. I hope that you make an effort to visit these guys and see what they do.
This award compels me to thank my nominators, tell seven things about myself and give this award to a few other people. So who do I absolutely want to read for reason of never knowing what I will get?
One blog I like to visit is The Kitchen Garden because I do not know what Cecelia is talking about today. Today, it is about photography, other days it is about her farm or a trip elsewhere. I like reading and exploring something different.
Another blogger that I enjoy is Loaves and Stitches. How can I not love someone who cooks and crafts and has more UFO’s hanging around than she should? If you do not know what a UFO is in this context, you are not a crafter easily distracted.
I haven’t visited the Lady Jane’s Books for some time and then I stopped by the other day in time for her/his review of ‘The Voyage Out” by Virginia Woolf. How can I not love a person who as fanatical about Virginia as I am about Jane?
The crafter in me is always, always, inspired by Completly Cauchy. I love her colors and crafts. I love how she works on scrap quilts and shows you how to do it as well. I am never sure what she is working on but I know it is interesting.
Last but not least is Prada for Breakfast. I get fashion, food, pictures, books. I just love it.
Now for a few fun facts.
1. I cannot figure out how to put badges on the side of my blog. Seriously, I need help.
2. Chances are if I have ‘liked’ a post, it is about food.
3. I have been doing this blog for two years and never run out of things to talk about.
4. I appreciate everyone who bothers to leave a comment, even the spammers because they amuse me as they tell me I have ‘lifted’ a completely original blog post from somewhere else.
5. I really need to overhaul my list of bloggers I like to include new ones that I like.
6. Charles at Mostly Bright Ideas still makes me spit out coffee in laughter.
7. I look forward to the day when I can meet a fellow blogger face-to-face.
So with everything but the shouting completed, let me congratulate the nominees, ask that you visit them, comment and fall in love just a little bit.