So I get this email telling me I am lovely.
My husband tells me that all of the time, it is something I am used to hearing. But then I read the rest of the email to find out that Georgette told me she thought my blog was lovely.
The Lovely Blog award is making the rounds and Georgette gave me one along with some other bloggers. But there are a few other responsibilities when you receive this award. You have to tell seven things about yourself not mentioned ever before. And you have to pass this award on to other bloggers.
So what I am going to share that I haven’t before?
1. On my droid is an app called Noom that tracks my workouts. The voice has an English accent and I call him ‘Hugh.’
2. Finding new recipes is one of my joys.
3. If I had never been fired, I would not have become a blogger.
4. I love Halloween and carving pumpkins.
5. I do not drive stick shift.
6. I like to drink White Russians or just about anything with Kailua in it.
7. Despite taking at least four bags of clothing out of my room within the last week, there is still too much in there. And it is not all mine.
Now for the truly hard part – picking out others to send your way. There are some bloggers I visit on a regular basis and others that I get to every now and again. I only hope that those who receive this award will accept it with the love and devotion that was sent with it.
- Mostly Bright Ideas is a great place to go for a laugh, some thoughtfulness and just plain old good writing. I am always inspired by Charles but I never go during a coffee break. That could be dangerous to the computer screen.
- No one will ever mistake me for a fashionista. But I still like knowing what is in style or the current hot thing. That is why I visit Prada For Breakfast. I can see new creams, makeup and clothing items that are Right Now.
- Everyone needs someone who is a straight shooter who tells a good story without a filter. Who is willing to tell you the truth without a filter. I found that in The Redneck Princess. I love her tales of the BC and life in general.
- Whenever I want to go to for the French feel of New York or Paris, I go to Ritournelle. There is an elegance in her blog that I just love.
- Why I ever subscribed to a blog about whiskey and beer, I will never know. However, I find it interesting to read about different beers and craft beers and whiskeys. Beer & Whiskey Brothers are always interesting.
- There are some posts that I enjoy for their total immersion into one subject. The Last Muggle to Read Harry Potter is an enjoyable dip of the Harry Potter pool in which I can read or discuss some of the finer points of the series I have a hard time letting go.
- Last but not least, a blog that I enjoy is called 4 Mothers. These four gals who have 11 boys amongst them are from Canada and share a blog, reporting on life from their points of view. I love to hear their differing viewpoints on any number of topics.
I ask that you visit these blogs and enjoy them. Not all of them will fit but I hope you will enjoy making a visit here and there. Each and every one is lovely in their own way.